Environmental and Sustainability Partners
FCM Recycling is more than just a processor of end-of-life electronics, we can work with our various groups of customers to create recycling solutions that are specific to their particular needs.
Industrial, Commercial & Institutional Clients
– We can work with you to develop and implement a turn-key customized company wide electronics recycling program
– We offer secure data destruction
– We can provide a certificate or an attestion of destruction
– We provide logistic services including packaging and transportation
– We can work with you to customize our reporting format to satisfy internal reporting requirements
– Join the FCM Recycling Return-to-Retail Network and become a remunerated consumer drop-off location! We can provide you with all the packaging material you need to start accepting electronics from the public today, including custom-designed, secure outdoor drop-off bins to minimize use of indoor retail space!
Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
– FCM Recycling can utilize its retail network to establish take-back programs, provide in-depth sustainability reporting and work with you to close the loop on your product lifecycle
Recycling of Plastics
We now use approximately 20 times more plastic in the manufacturing process than we did 50 years ago and certain post-consumer products contain as many as 20 different types of plastic materials. This widespread use of different types of plastics makes it difficult to viably collect, separate and recycle them. Collection, identification and separation are crucial in an efficient and effective plastic recycling process.
At FCM Recycling’s plastics laboratory we identify, characterize and improve the physical and mechanical properties of e-waste by compounding and developing new formulations in order to achieve the requirements and specifications that are needed to substitute virgin materials.
Therefore FCM Recycling, through its research and development, has the ability and technological processing capabilities to close the loop on high value engineered plastics.
The goal of our FCM Recycling Plastics Division is to reuse all plastics generated from our recycling processes of end-of-life electronics in their original application (known as “closing the loop”) and prevent these plastics from being shipped to questionable overseas processors who use environmentally harmful and unsafe practices to process these plastics or sending these plastics to incineration or landfill.
The FCM Recycling Plastics Divisions offers a variety of consulting, processing and other recycling solutions, including:
– identification and characterization of plastics
– developing and implementing a plastics segregation procedure to facilitate recycling
– recycling and modifying plastic waste with the view of closing the loop on its original application
– consult with purchasing departments in respect of choosing the best formulation of plastics or developing new formulations to integrate in the manufacturing process to maximize the potential recycling rate of manufactured products and the potential revenue stream from recycling while maintaining the desired properties of such products
At FCM Recycling, we keep things simple. Call us today and we will provide you with the easiest and most cost-effective solution for your end-of-life electronics recycling needs. We will walk you through what options are available to you to reduce your costs (including potential resale opportunities), assist you with consolidation, packaging and transport and provide you with the peace of mind knowing that a team of trained staff members will handle your electronics in a safe, secure and ethical manner. With a national footprint, we reduce the environmental impact of the recycling process and minimize the distance that your secure data-bearing products have to travel. The materials are received in one of our 6 secure processing facilities and are immediately tagged using our proprietary software to ensure the integrity of the chain of custody. Finally, all of our recycling processes are designed to safely handle, remove and recycle each of the hazardous substances that are found in most end-of-life electronics. We invite you to view our corporate video for a more in-depth look at the FCM Recycling recycling operations!